It can be challenging for Australian consumers to find the best mobile accessories retailers to buy quality screen protectors for their smartphones. The good news is that Personal Digital is a leading Australian mobile brand that offers screen protector solutions for smartphones and tablets.
While they are indispensable devices for everyday life, smartphones are very delicate. One thing to think about is screen protection if you want your device to last longer. The mobile phone market boasts a wide variety of screen protectors, including plastic and tempered glass.
Plastic Screen Protectors
Plastic screen protectors, such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET) protectors, have a decently smooth feel, but they are also stiff. On the other hand, thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) is a more flexible plastic with a rubbery texture that requires a spray solution for installation.
Advantages Of Plastic Screen Protectors
- Some users prefer plastic screen protectors because of their reusability, which means consumers can install and uninstall them to their devices at any moment in time.
- Extend the lifespan of your smartphone.
- Less expensive than tempered glass protectors.
- Resistant to cracks when dropped from high elevations onto hard surfaces.
- Scratches are visible when they develop.
- With time, they may lose their quality and blur the screen.
- Not thick enough.
- It may reduce screen responsiveness.
- It can be challenging to install without any experience.
- It may not cover all curved edges. Thus, screen protection is not 100% effective.
- Minor scratches can grow into bigger ones and ruin the overall quality and aesthetic of your phone.
Tempered Glass Screen Protector
The high-quality manufacturing processes of tempered glass ensure that they are more durable than regular plastic protectors. On a more serious note, tempered glass is about five times as strong as standard glass.
Furthermore, new versions of these screen protectors can cover the edges of your smartphone, and that increases the protection. By using different layers of coating and shatter-proof film, manufacturers can build stronger and scratch-proof tempered glass.
Advantages Of Tempered Glass
- Touch sensitivity is excellent and enhances user experience.
- Robust and stronger than traditional plastic protection.
- Once correctly installed, tempered glass fits perfectly and is barely noticeable.
- Gives visual clarity.
- Safeguards your smartphone from scratches and keeps it safe from sharp objects.
- More expensive than plastic screen protectors.
- One time use.
- It can hurt your fingers if you try to use cracked protectors.
Tempered Glass Vs. Plastic Screen Protectors: Which One Is Better?
Price-wise, plastic screen protectors are much cheaper, making them convenient for consumers looking for cost-effective screen protection solutions. On the other hand, those looking for better screen protection, high responsiveness, and enhanced mobile appearance will surely want to invest in the tempered glass protectors.
As shown above, in the pros and cons, tempered glass ranks higher in terms of quality because plastic protectors get dull over time and are roughly 0.1 mm thick, much thicker compared to tempered glass, which can have a thickness ranging from 0.3 mm to 0.5 mm. If you want to protect your valuable smartphone from damage? Invest in phone cases and covers from Personal Digital.